Monday, December 8, 2014

The Stupid Things People Say

You are so luckily to have a class that you do homework in?
Well there is a reason i take that class, its not like i just take it for fun. I usually hate the people in the class, and they usually dislike me. I am usually the only one that works, while everybody else just comments about how much they smoke, and comment about why i am working and trying. I only take it because i have LEARNING DISABILITIES.

You are so luckily to get extra time?
Again there is a reason why i get extra time. It takes to longer to write or type. It takes me longer to read, plus i usually highlight while i am reading. I have horrific memory. It takes me longer to under stand what i have read. Every thing takes me longer, even with extra time i do not always have time to proof read my work, plus i can't proof read my work because i will probably not pick up my mistakes.

Dyslexia, so you just read things backwards?
Like really, it is better to say nothing. I usually just respond; well it is more than that, is different in every person, for me i have trouble reading, i am at like a 5th grade level, i suck at spelling, on a good day 3rd grade, and i can write but it takes me forever and nobody can understand what i wrote unless i type it.

ADD, what is that, or don't boys usually have it?
So i say that ADD is the same as ADHD just i am not as hyper. And i say that girls go undiagnosed with ADD/ADHD because many of them are not hyper, and do not act as boys do. I will also use the example of how i used to forget and lose focus when i was getting dressed and forget to put my pants on and when i went downstairs my mum would have to remind me to put pants on.

Why don't you read aloud in class?
Because i can barely read to myself, just kidding, not really. On the first day of class i make my teacher aware of my LD's and ask them not to pick me out to read. I have became very self conscious of my reading aloud over time, i have some speech issues.

These are just some of the many silly/ stupid questions i have been asked, in reference to my learning issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment