Sunday, December 7, 2014

ADD

      I have ADD. One effect of this on me is i an always twitching my leg or trapping my fingers; when i am in a large group it is fun to look around the room at who else it twitching and guess weather they have ADD/ADHD. I am medicated for ADD, i have always chose to be medicated, my parents always let me decide what was best for me. Once i began taking medication my life changed, i started to get good grades, school work was so much easier todo and it did not take as much time. I am affected by the common side effect of a decreased appetite and some trouble sleeping( i have always had trouble sleeping, unable to fall asleep, waking up early). One thing is i am 2 different people; there is medicated and unmediated me, my friends can tell when i am medicated. Once i am medicated i have become very sensitive to sound, when i hear somebody chewing there food i makes me want to punch them(i am not a violent person) the medication can also make me irritable. When i am unmedicated i cannot focus, i become a lot more jittery, i am louder, and i am more social. For me there are more pros than cons with the any of the meds i have tried, and i believe you should give children with add/adhd the choice to be medicated, but not to always force them. In the beginning me and my parents decided that i should not be medicated on weekends or during the summer, and i started and stayed on a very small dosage that lasted through school and gave time to do my homework. Being able to focus in school gave me the ability to chose what i actually liked to do not just hate everything because i could not focus on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment